Kansas Attorney General’s Office governs the Security Industry in Kansas and a license is required to work as an unarmed security guard in Kansas State. Only registered security guard companies can hire guards.
Security Guard License and Certification
Kansas has the following requirements for licensing security personnel:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to work as an unarmed security guard in Kansas.
- Must be a United States citizen or legal resident alien of the United States.
- Must pass a criminal history check
- You must complete the required training to obtain and maintain your license.
- You must send in your fingerprints electronically to complete your criminal history check.
- You should have a valid driver’s license or a state ID.
- Applicants should be free of habitual drunkenness or narcotics addiction or dependence. There may be a drug test for this.
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of a security guard.
- Applicant should have good moral character.
- You should have a high school degree or GED
Security Officer Salary
As per data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, In 2011, Security guards drew an annual mean salary of approximately $27K. The salary depends on several factors such as location, experience and role assigned to a guard.
For more information please contact Kansas Attorney General’s office.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.