In the state of Oklahoma, all security guards should obtain a license from the Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET). In Oklahoma, only registered security guard companies can employ security guards. The license is valid for three years and you must do the following to obtain your registration:
- Complete training
- Submit application
- Complete fingerprint check
More details as under.
How to Become a Private Security Guard in Oklahoma
Requirements to become an unarmed security guard:
- You must be at least 18 years old to obtain a permit for security guard.
- You should have a high school degree or GED
- You must be a US Citizen or be authorized to work in the United States
- Complete the required security guard training
- Fingerprints should be submitted to Federal Bureau Of Investigation for the purpose of conducting a background check
- 2 color photographs (passport style)
- Pass a drug test to prove you are free of chemical dependencies
- Physically and mentally fit to fulfill the duties of a guard
- You should have good moral character
Training Requirements for Security Guards
You must complete 40 hours of required training in two phases, each of 20 hours. Additionally you must complete 8-hours of refresher training every year to maintain your license. During the training course, you will learn about the basic roles and responsibilities of a guard, law governing the role and other aspects of the role of a guard.
Application Fee for Unarmed Security Guard
Fingerprints Fees: $41.00 (non-refundable) General application fees: $50.00 Total Fees: $91.00 Application fees can only be paid using money order, company check or cashier’s check. Once you obtain an unarmed security guard license, you can complete additional training and apply for an upgrade.
Security Guard Salary in Oklahoma
Based on data proved by Bureau of Labor Statistics, the mean salary of security guards in Oklahoma for 2011 was little under $27K per year.
The license issued by CLEET, expires three years from the date of issue. Renewal fees for unarmed security guards is $50
For more details, please visit CLEET or contact them at the below address/ phone number Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training, Private Security Licensing 2401 Egypt Road Ada, Oklahoma 74820-0669 (405) 239-5110