Security guards, including uniformed or non-uniformed security guards, any patrol persons who are employed full time or part time (on a temporary or permanent basis), to patrol, guard, protect, monitor, regulate, secure persons or property. Pennsylvania requires all security guard to obtain a license. All interested applicants should petition with the Clerks of Courts in Pennsylvania court for a security guard license. The application process is complicated and is typically handled by an experienced Attorney working with a security agency. Below are requirements for security guard training in Pennsylvania.
Security Guard Requirements in Pennsylvania
Below listed items are the basic requirements to qualify for a security guard job in Pennsylvania.
- All applicants should be at least 18 years of age.
- All applicants must be a US citizen or a permanent resident of United States.
The following additional requirements must also be met to petition for a security guard license:
- Applicant should submit proof of criminal background check and should be free of felony convictions.
- Applicant should be physically fit and mentally competent to perform the duties of a security guard.
- Applicant should have good moral character.
- Applicant should submit fingerprints with the applicable fees (currently $17.50).
- Submit two passport size photos.
- Good moral character with letters from character witnesses.
Pennsylvania Security Officer Training
The training requirement for security guards can vary from applicant to applicant, depending on the judge who hears the petition. The requirements may also vary from company to company depending on the site you will be guarding.
A license fee of $200 has to be paid upon approval of a security guard license in Pennsylvania
For more additional information and rules governing security guards please see:
Please approach a reputed training school or security company or get in touch with a Clerk of Court in Pennsylvania.