Puerto Rico is a territory of United States. Gobierno de Puerto Rico Policia (Puerto Rico Police) regulates the Private Security Business in Puerto Rico.
You do not need license to work as an unarmed security officer, however you will need permission and your security agency may require you to complete training. Security officer agencies require a license to operate as a security provider.
Requirements for a Security Guard Job
The following general requirements are imposed by all good security guard companies. For specifics, please contact a company in the town / city you are looking to work as a security guard.
- An unarmed security guard must be at least 18 years old.
- Resident of Puerto Rico or a US citizen.
- Criminal background check (Buena Conduct report) conducted by department of police.
- Complete required training.
- You may be required to submit fingerprints to complete your criminal history check.
- You should have a valid driver’s license or a state ID.
- You may be required to pass a drug test
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of a security guard.
- Be of good moral character.
- A high school diploma or equivalent may be required.
Links for further information:
Policia De Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico Police)
GPO Box 70166
San Juan, PR 00936
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.